The Ann Arbor Science & Skeptics invite you to our first ever Scientists Fair.
Located in the Multi-Purpose room of the AADL downtown library (in the lower level of the main branch), there will be scientists from the University of Michigan with expertise in evolution, climate change, the origin of the universe, particle physics, and space exploration all available to answer any questions you have about these topics.
The purpose of this event is to not only acquaint the public to scientific knowledge, but also to how that knowledge is obtained. For example, this can be done by asking the researchers some of the following questions:
- How are theories about [The Big Bang, Global Warming, Evolution, etc.] supported with experimentation?
- What hypotheses were tested and confirmed or falsified?
- And to what extent is there consensus amongst their peers?
The event will run from 1:00pm to 3:00pm on Saturday May 19th.
Please share this post with anyone you know who is interested in science!
Links for Reference:
- About the Ann Arbor Science & Skeptics
- What is Skepticism?
- Audio Recordings of Past Meet-Ups
- Video Discussion/Debate About Asian Carp
And you can like us on Facebook!
View the flyer for more information.