The Ann Arbor Science & Skeptics are having our next meet-up on Saturday, December 17th from 4:00 to 6:00pm at the Classic Cup Cafe. We will be hosting Stanley A. Beattie, a representative of the Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth. Stanley will be providing his arguments and reasoning as to why the AE911Truth members believe that the World Trade Center was destroyed by explosive demolition.
The first part of the meet-up will be food/snacks/beverages and socializing with others. We will then have a short presentation, and then we will move onto the main discussion with Mr. Beattie.
- Stanley A. Beattie, P. E.
- Graduated in 1959 with a bachelor of science degree in physics from College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts.
- Served three years in the United States Navy, finishing my service as LTJG, Operations Officer on the USS Talbot County (LST — 1153).
- Hired into ANR Pipeline Company in 1962. Held various engineering and management positions. Became a registered professional engineer, Michigan in 1972. Retired from the company January 1, 1996.
- I have served as volunteer for Pro Musica of Detroit (www.ProMusicaDetroit.com) since 2000. I kept computer records and reports, was treasurer for three years, and have been president since June 2007.
- Began studying the events of September 1, 2001 after reading Dr. David Griffin’s book, THE NEW PEARL HARBOR in 2005. I have reviewed four books on the subject, and have done readings on the Internet.
- Became a signer and supporter of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth in early 2010. Have given financial support to that organization, and to Firefighters for 9/11 Truth. I have participated in weekly conference calls of the presenter team of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth since June of 2010.
- I have been giving AE911Truth presentations since August 2010. Some locations were Lansing, Southfield, St. Clair Shores, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, Rotary Clubs in Berkely and Farmington Hills, Brighton and Washington, DC.
For reference, here are a few websites that offer counter-arguments to 9/11 Conspiracy Theory claims:
- Popular Mechanics: Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report